IT Problem Management
|First edition; 208 pages
( by: Gary S. Walker )
BUY THIS BOOK
The complete “best practices” guide to IT problem resolution!
No matter how professional your IT organization, if you can’t resolve problems quickly and effectively, you’ll lose your stakeholders’ confidence-and fail. Nowadays, help desk s aren’t enough: companies want true service centers capable of delivering complex, strategic solutions. IT Problem Management is the first single source for building world-class problem management processes. Drawing upon his extensive consulting experience, Gary Walker presents specific improvements you can make to achieve breakthrough results in any help desk or service center-in-house or out-sourced.
- Problem identification, customer validation, problem lo gging, service delivery, knowledge capture and sharing, and management oversight
- The Immediate Response Model: accounting for problem variability, complexity, and volume
- Detailed metrics for measuring your responsiveness
- Better ways to create and use service level agreements
- State-of-the-art tools for customer interaction, service delivery, and proactive monitoring
- New Internet and knowledge base systems: empowering users to solve their own problems
- The human side: staffing, retention, and motivation
IT Problem Management isn’t just theory: it delivers real-world case studies, detailed benchmarks, and practical solutions for turning your help desk into a high-performance IT service center, starting today.
About the Author
Gary S. Walker is a leading IT consultant, helping Fortune 500 and emerging growth companies focus on the people, processes, and technology required to operate a highly reliable and cost effective infrastructure.